The Cato Institute hosted a discussion about the place of LGBT people in the conservative movement. Presenters included Maggie Gallagher of the National Organization for Marriage, gay blogger Andrew Sullivan and British lawmaker Nick Herbert.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- White people: this fight is now on our doorstep by Stephen A. Glassman | posted on August 17, 2017
- Summer Restaurant Week, D.C. Beer Week close out August dining season by Kristen Hartke | posted on August 17, 2017
- At least 13 dead after van plows into crowd in Barcelona by Michael K. Lavers | posted on August 17, 2017
- ‘Cirque du Soleil: OVO’ brings an insect world to life by Keith Loria | posted on August 17, 2017
- Blade party to launch fifth-annual sports issue by Mariah Cooper | posted on August 17, 2017