The Metropolitan Community Church of Washington, D.C., performed its first legally recognized same-sex wedding on Sunday, March 14. Will Knicely and Bob Whitman exchanged vows as senior pastor Rev. Dwayne Johnson co-officiated the ceremony with Rev. Elder Darlene Garner.
(Washington Blade Photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- DOJ: Anti-gay discrimination perfectly OK under federal law by Chris Johnson | posted on July 26, 2017
- Trump tweets U.S. military ‘will not accept or allow’ trans troops by Chris Johnson | posted on July 26, 2017
- McCain sour over Trump’s declaration of trans military ban by Chris Johnson | posted on July 26, 2017
- Wash Post botches trans military story by Kevin Naff | posted on July 26, 2017
- White House unsure if trans troops will get boot under Trump policy by Chris Johnson | posted on July 26, 2017