Stonewall Democrats honored U.S. Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka and Frank Kameny, a longtime gay civil rights activist, May 20 during a ceremony in the AFL-CIO headquarters in D.C.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- NOM’s anti-LGBT ‘March for Marriage’ set for June 17 by Chris Johnson | posted on April 27, 2017
- Bill Nye bashes gay conversion therapy with ice cream by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 28, 2017
- 19 senators urge Trump’s HHS to restore LGBT questions to elder surveys by Chris Johnson | posted on April 28, 2017
- Log Cabin president, U.N. officials discuss Chechnya by Michael K. Lavers | posted on April 28, 2017
- Katy Perry flamed by Twitter for collab with Migos over homophobic comments by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 28, 2017