Stonewall Democrats honored U.S. Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka and Frank Kameny, a longtime gay civil rights activist, May 20 during a ceremony in the AFL-CIO headquarters in D.C.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Spicer hints at coming action on anti-LGBT ‘religious freedom’ order by Chris Johnson | posted on February 27, 2017
- Court rules for trans sister of Trump inauguration singer by Chris Johnson | posted on February 27, 2017
- Human Rights Campaign targets closeted Republicans at CPAC by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 27, 2017
- ‘Moonlight’ is first LGBT film to win Best Picture after ‘La La Land’ mix-up by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 27, 2017
- CBS cancels ‘Doubt’ starring Laverne Cox after two episodes by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 27, 2017