Rayceen Pendarvis hosted the Black Pride fashion show and entertainment extravaganza at the Sphinx on May 29. Designers featured in the show included Maurice Thompson, Renee Hill, Teronce Styyles, Will Caldwell and Deramine Johnson.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Dupont Circle’s silly ‘Safeway siege’ stupefies a city by Mark Lee | posted on August 18, 2017
- Ryan and McConnell: Muted racism is still racism by Kevin Naff | posted on August 17, 2017
- Barbara Cook helped us survive and thrive by Kathi Wolfe | posted on August 18, 2017
- ‘Queer Eye’ host is HIV campaign spokesperson by Staff reports | posted on August 18, 2017
- Filmmaker finds unlikely muse in new film ‘Patti Cake$’ by Brian T. Carney | posted on August 18, 2017