The Sexual Minority Youth Assistance League held its 13th annual fall brunch fundraiser at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel on Sunday. The event was Emceed by NBC News4 anchor, Eun Yang and featured keynote speaker, Jonathan Capehart of the Washington Post.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Romania’s top court approves marriage referendum by Michael K. Lavers | posted on September 18, 2018
- Bowser endorses Reeder in at-large D.C. Council race by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on September 19, 2018
- Former ‘Sesame Street’ writer reignites debate on Bert and Ernie’s relationship by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 19, 2018
- Adam Rippon donates Olympic costume and skates to the Smithsonian by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 19, 2018
- Grindr launches anti-discrimination campaign Kindr by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 19, 2018