Students at Midd-West High School in Middleburg, Pa., are mourning the suicide of a freshman who ran in front of a truck at 3 a.m. Saturday morning, according to the Daily Item, a regional newspaper.
Brandon Bitner, 14, had been a victim of intense bullying students told the Item. He walked about 13 miles from his home to a busy road where he met his death. He’d left a suicide note at home.
“It was because of bullying,” Takara Jo Folk told the Item. “It was not about race or gender but they bullied him for his sexual preferences and the way he dressed. Which they wrongly accused him of.”
His death came just days after an anti-bullying assembly was held at the school. Student Briana Boyer said the students didn’t take the assembly seriously and joked about it.
- Secret bisexual life surfaces after Aaron Hernandez suicide by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on April 24, 2017
- Capital Pride to honor hockey star, advocates by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on April 23, 2017
- Macron, Le Pen advance in French presidential election by Michael K. Lavers | posted on April 23, 2017
- Google Home ad features busy gay dads by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 24, 2017
- Fan sues Live Nation over postponed Janet Jackson tour by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 24, 2017