Students at Midd-West High School in Middleburg, Pa., are mourning the suicide of a freshman who ran in front of a truck at 3 a.m. Saturday morning, according to the Daily Item, a regional newspaper.
Brandon Bitner, 14, had been a victim of intense bullying students told the Item. He walked about 13 miles from his home to a busy road where he met his death. He’d left a suicide note at home.
“It was because of bullying,” Takara Jo Folk told the Item. “It was not about race or gender but they bullied him for his sexual preferences and the way he dressed. Which they wrongly accused him of.”
His death came just days after an anti-bullying assembly was held at the school. Student Briana Boyer said the students didn’t take the assembly seriously and joked about it.
- SiriusXM shuts down its gay channel by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 12, 2016
- The Rehoboth Effect: Why are gay men nicer on vacation? by Brock Thompson | posted on February 11, 2016
- Clinton supporters to Robby Mook: Time to change the message by Chris Johnson | posted on February 12, 2016
- Clinton takes veiled jab at Sanders over LGBT rights by Chris Johnson | posted on February 11, 2016
- Va. House committee approves religious freedom bill by Michael K. Lavers | posted on February 11, 2016