Hundreds of activists, including a sizable LGBT contingent, marched through the streets of D.C. for “SlutWalk” on Saturday to protest victim blaming in sexual assault cases. The march began at Lafayette Square and ended in a rally in the shadow of the Washington Monument. Speakers at the rally included Andrea Bredbeck of Join the Conversation, Holly Kearl of Stop Street Harassment, Dr. Salamishah Tillet of A Long Walk Home, Inc., Carmen Rios of (con)sensual, Lauren Taylor of Defend Yourself, Sasha Ponappa of Deaf Abused Women’s Network, radio personality Aiyi’nah Ford, Janelle Mungo of GetEqual D.C., Stacey Lantz of D.C. National Organization for Women, Meredith Zoltick of Helping Individual Prostitutes Survive (HIPS), Maryland Delegate Ariana Kelly, author Janine Latus and comedienne Luce Tomlin-Brenner.
(Washington Blade photos by Pete Exis)
- Johnny Weir’s glorious faggotry by Joey DiGuglielmo | posted on February 20, 2018
- S.C. bill would label same-sex marriages as ‘parody marriages’ by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on February 20, 2018
- New routes out of Cuba by Maykel González Vivero | posted on February 20, 2018
- Russell Tovey and his partner Steve Brockman are engaged by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 20, 2018
- Madaleno names former O’Malley administration official as running mate by Michael K. Lavers | posted on February 20, 2018