Hundreds of activists, including a sizable LGBT contingent, marched through the streets of D.C. for “SlutWalk” on Saturday to protest victim blaming in sexual assault cases. The march began at Lafayette Square and ended in a rally in the shadow of the Washington Monument. Speakers at the rally included Andrea Bredbeck of Join the Conversation, Holly Kearl of Stop Street Harassment, Dr. Salamishah Tillet of A Long Walk Home, Inc., Carmen Rios of (con)sensual, Lauren Taylor of Defend Yourself, Sasha Ponappa of Deaf Abused Women’s Network, radio personality Aiyi’nah Ford, Janelle Mungo of GetEqual D.C., Stacey Lantz of D.C. National Organization for Women, Meredith Zoltick of Helping Individual Prostitutes Survive (HIPS), Maryland Delegate Ariana Kelly, author Janine Latus and comedienne Luce Tomlin-Brenner.
(Washington Blade photos by Pete Exis)
- Transgender woman’s Trump Twitter rant goes viral by Mariah Cooper | posted on December 6, 2016
- Actress Stephanie Beatriz comes out as bisexual by Mariah Cooper | posted on July 18, 2016
- Trans Ladies Picnic on tap by Steve Charing | posted on December 7, 2016
- We moved up our wedding date after Trump win by Cody R. Barnett | posted on December 7, 2016
- Lucian Piane calls RuPaul the ‘N’ word in racist Twitter rant by Mariah Cooper | posted on November 28, 2016