The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund hosted the “Women Out to Win” event at Local 16 on Wednesday. Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) spoke at the event, having announced her candidacy for the U.S. Senate the day before. Those in attendance pledged several thousand dollars to her campaign.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- DOJ: Anti-gay discrimination perfectly OK under federal law by Chris Johnson | posted on July 26, 2017
- McCain sour over Trump’s declaration of trans military ban by Chris Johnson | posted on July 26, 2017
- Wash Post botches trans military story by Kevin Naff | posted on July 26, 2017
- Advocates protest transgender military ban outside White House by Michael K. Lavers | posted on July 26, 2017
- Members of Congress criticize ‘cruel’ transgender military ban by Michael K. Lavers | posted on July 26, 2017