The D.C. Gay Flag Football League held its championship game at Carter Barron Field on Sunday. The Great Whites edged out second-place Redrum 40-27. After the game, players throughout the league gathered at Nellie’s Sports Bar for an awards ceremony.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Blade to escort Leakes, Harris-Perry to White House dinner by Staff reports | posted on April 27, 2016
- Mayor’s aide to receive Black Pride award by Steve Charing | posted on September 9, 2014
- Editor of Bangladesh LGBT magazine hacked to death by Michael K. Lavers | posted on April 25, 2016
- Clinton wins Stein Club endorsement by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on April 27, 2016
- Six Yale athletes come out; organize LGBT student-athlete support group by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 27, 2016