Directory powered by Business Directory Plugin
December 1, 2011 | by Staff reports
Police Log: December 2
The Metropolitan D.C. Police Department’s Gay & Lesbian Liaison Unit was involved in the following investigations:
- On Nov. 27 in the 3300 block of Stanton Road, S.E., a member of the 7th District responded to a call for an unconscious person. The complainant was found unconscious and unresponsive and was transported for medical attention. A report for attempted suicide/sick person to hospital was taken.
- On Nov. 26 in the 2000 block of 8th St., N.W., two complainants reported being in a verbal altercation that escalated into a physical assault. They provided conflicting reports of the events. The case is pending further investigation.
- On Nov. 26 in the 2300 block of Good Hope Road, S.E., a woman reported that she was involved in an argument with a suspect over relationship issues. The suspect and several other people later returned to the listed location and destroyed the woman’s property. A report was taken.
- On Nov. 24 in the 1400 block of T Street, N.W., a man reported that while walking his dog he was approached by a suspect who threatened physical violence and threatened to destroy the victim’s property. The suspect also used homophobic epithets against the man. A bias-motivated threats report was taken.
- On Nov. 23 in the 4600 block of Benning Road, N.E., a man reported that while walking in the listed location, he was approached by an unknown suspect who produced a firearm and attempted to rob him. When the suspect was not able to obtain any property, he fled the scene. An assault with intent to rob report was taken.
- On Nov. 21 in the 1500 block of 17th Street, N.W., a man reported that while walking he was approached by a suspect who demanded his wallet. The man refused and the suspect forcefully obtained the wallet and fled the area. A report was taken.
- A man reported that on Nov. 20 in the 1200 block of 7th Street, N.W., he invited a suspect into his apartment. After the suspect left the man’s apartment, he realized that the suspect had stolen his laptop computer. A theft report was taken.
- On Nov. 20, GLLU members attended the Transgender Day of Remembrance in the 400 block of Ridge Street, N.W.