January 4, 2012 | by Staff reports
Police Log: Jan. 6
The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department’s Gay & Lesbian Liaison Unit participated in the following investigations:
- On Jan. 2, in the 800 block of 21st Street, N.W., two complainants who are father and daughter had a verbal altercation. No criminal offense took place and a report was taken.
- On Dec. 28, in the 2500 block of Wisconsin Avenue, N.W., police responded to investigate a family disturbance. Both parties involved were on the scene and interviewed. Investigation revealed they are in a domestic relationship. Investigation revealed there was no assault. A report was taken and resource agency information was provided.
- On Dec. 28, at 3rd & Delafield N.W., a complainant reported that while walking up to the intersection, a suspect yelled homophobic and racial slurs. The suspect then pushed the victim in the back. As the man turned to confront his assailant, two additional suspects approached and the man fled the area. As the victim fled, one suspect grabbed his hair and pulled some out.
- On Dec. 27, in the 300 block of M Street, N.W., a woman reported that while walking in the location she was approached by a suspect who robbed her of her purse. The suspect fled and remains at large. No bias indicated. A report was taken.
- On Dec. 27, at Kansas Avenue and Varnum Street, N.W., a man reported that a suspect attempted to rob him with a firearm. The victim fled the area and reported that he heard the suspect yelling homophobic slurs and other derogatory comments at him. Three suspects were later arrested and charged.
- On Dec. 27, at 14th & Irving streets, N.W., six complainants were approached by six subjects who used homophobic slurs. The suspects then began assaulting the complainants, displayed a handgun and attempted to rob them. Two suspects were arrested.
- On Dec. 25, in the 5200 block of Kansas Avnue, N.W., a man and a male suspect who are involved in a domestic relationship were involved in a verbal altercation that escalated into an assault when the suspect struck the victim with his hands. The suspect was arrested.
- On Dec. 24, in the 1800 block of 29th Street, S.E., a complainant and a defendant were involved in a verbal altercation. The altercation escalated and the suspect assaulted the complainant causing injuries. The two are involved in a domestic relationship. The defendant was arrested.
- On Dec. 24, in the 1200 block of 1st Street, N.E., police received a call for an assault. While at a local establishment, a complainant was assaulted by a suspect. The victim sustained scratches on the face, neck and chest and the suspect was arrested.
- On Dec. 23, in the 2400 block of Hartford Street, S.E., a woman was walking when she was approached by a suspect who used homophobic slurs and assaulted her. The suspect fled the area. A report was taken.
- On Dec. 21, in the 2200 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, S.E., a woman reported that she was involved in a verbal altercation with another girl. The girl’s brother came from behind and punched her in the head. Medical treatment was refused. No bias was indicated. A report was taken on scene.