Wish you were at the North American International Auto Show right now? Want to live vicariously through other gays lucky enough to attend? See the largest auto show in the world through the queer eyes of gaywheels.com. And for those of us unable to make it to the Motor City to drool over the newest concept cars, there’s some news:
- Did Canada’s conservative Prime Minister just invalidate Pam Spaulding’s marriage? Dan Savage too? NCLR doesn’t think so — and neither does the ACLU, Lambda Legal, Freedom to Marry, or GLAD — but its not clear cut, and we’ll certainly be seeking more answers today.
- Equality Maine to announce in two weeks whether or not they will take same-sex marriage back to the ballots in 2012.
- Teen kids of lesbian moms suffer just as much psychological angst — and no more — than teens raised by opposite-sex couples. No word on whether they say “You just don’t understand me!” as much.
- Remember that Oxford soccer player Lee Steele who sent out that anti-gay tweet about gay rugby star Gareth Thomas? He got the pink slip.
- Jeff Wilfahrt, the father of openly gay soldier, Andrew, killed in action last year — who has become a leader in the fight against Minnesota’s impending ballot measure that will ban marriage rights for same-sex couples in the constitution — is running against GOP Rep. Kurt Bills.
Oh, and speaking of my hometown of Detroit, Janice Daniels, the mayor of Detroit suburb Troy Mich., is back:
We’ll be back again on Monday with more Fast Five Fix! Let us know in the comments bellow what you’d like to see in your fix!