Sad news today in the Chicago Tribune today, as long time institution of public good — Hull House — founded by lesbian social worker Jane Addams in 1889, will be closing.
Here are your five LGBT headlines today:
- Fellow LGBT newspaper journalist, Matt Comer, left QNotes Carolinas this month, and has now announced he is joining the staff of North Carolina based Campus Pride.
- The New Yorker argues, despite his indignation at the debate, Newt’s marriages are “fair game.”
- Australian pop icon, Olivia Newton-John, has come out as an advocate for same-sex marriage in that nation, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
- The Williams Institute says that same-sex marriage would boost the Washington state economy by over $88 million.
- Sadly, the Advocate says Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation will cut a quarter of its staff.
Finally, a moving video from Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who is resigning from Congress to concentrate on her recovery:
Its heartening to hear Rep. Giffords vow to return, even if it is unfortunate that she must leave Washington.