January 31, 2012 | by Phil Reese
Fast Five Fix: Jan 31
- Former ‘Survivor’ contestant Rupert Boneham is running for Indiana governor on the Libertarian ticket, and has come out fiercely in support of extending marriage rights to same-sex couples, according to Bilerico, who has the video.
- Frontiers L.A. reports Grand Rapids Mich. based Amway just gave $500,000 to the National Organization for Marriage for their efforts to crush gay couples’ hopes and dreams.
- A bump in the road for Tennessee LGBT advocates who are looking to get the courts to overturn a discriminatory law barring non-discrimination ordinances passed locally.
- Two gay and lesbian military service organizations push the Pentagon for more: the latest OutServe magazine features transgender personnel who are still barred from service, and Servicemembers Legal Defense Network is asking Sec. Panetta to do more for same-sex spouses of gay and lesbian personnel.
- Gov. Chris Christie has not only angered gay and lesbian activists in his comments about sending civil rights to the voters to decide, Towleroad reports he’s angered civil rights legends like Rep. John Lewis, who responded along with Rep. Rush Holt, and New Jersey assembly members Reed Gusciora and Speaker Sheila Oliver.
Finally, we now know which 24 hour cable news network Miss Piggy and Kermit do NOT watch