March 15, 2012 at 10:52 am EDT | by WBadmin
Police log: March 16
The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department’s Gay & Lesbian Liaison Unit participated in the following investigations:
- On March 12 in the 4000 block of Minnesota Avenue, N.E., a woman reported she and a companion were approached by a suspect who threatened to assault them. The suspect followed them and they flagged down officers who arrested the suspect.
- On March 12 in the 3100 block of Georgia Avenue, N.W., a complainant was assaulted and robbed by unknown suspects. The suspects reportedly used homophobic slurs toward the victim during the assault. The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
- On March 12 at Mt. Olivet Road and West Virginia Avenue, N.W., a complainant was assaulted by two suspects who fled the scene. The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
- On March 11 at 14th and Irving streets, N.W., a complainant was called homophobic slurs by a suspect. The suspect then assaulted the victim. During the assault, the victim was shot and taken to a local hospital for treatment.
- On March 10 in the Unit block of Snow Court, N.W., a complainant reported that after a brief exchange of words with a suspect, the suspect struck the victim in the face with a closed fist then left the scene.
- On March 9 in the 400 block of 37th Place, S.E., two complainants reported being in a verbal argument. No assault took place. The two are in a domestic relationship.