What to watch out for today: The New Hampshire House will vote on a bill that will repeal marriage rights for same-sex couples in that state, according to Towleroad. The law would keep intact the marriages already performed, and reintroduce Civil Unions, but would not allow any additional same-sex marriages. Watch the Blade for updates on the vote.
- U.S. Senator Scott Brown tells everyone to “move on” from debating marriage in Massachusetts, apparently in an attempt to quiet critics of marriage, but don’t think that makes him our friend, says ThinkProgress.
- The UK Daily Mail reports a setback in Europe, where the European Court of Human Rights ruled that same-sex marriage is not a human right.
- JoeMyGod has Dan Savage’s response to hearing that GOP Presidential hopeful Rick Santorum prays for him, and we love it! Spoiler, he works in the quote, “I’ll gay for him.” Love.
- An LGBT rights march in Uganda has grown from a gathering of 4 to a gathering of 30 in just a year, says ThinkProgress. We started just as small here in the U.S., so maybe there is hope in that nation.
- The Gill Action Fund has a new leader at the top, and now Towleroad says they plan a massive summit of the nation’s biggest gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender political donors. Here’s hoping they bring those sugar daddies and mommies to D.C!
Finally, The Bay Area Reporter brings us a sad story of a couple of 10 years about to be torn apart by a deportation, even though they are married, because they are gay. To hammer the dire nature of their situation home, though, they’ve made a video begging the President to halt their deportation.