Directory powered by Business Directory Plugin
April 5, 2012 | by WBadmin
Police Log: April 5
The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department’s Gay & Lesbian Liaison Unit participated in the following investigations:
- On March 30, in the 2100 block of New Hampshire Avenue, N.W., a man reported he was involved in an argument with a suspect over keys to an apartment. The argument escalated and the suspect punched the victim in the face. The man refused medical treatment. The suspect fled the scene prior to MPD arrival. The two are involved in a domestic relationship.
- On March 30, members of the GLLU attended an LGBT community group award ceremony.
- On March 30, in the 1700 block of Gales Street, N.E., a bias incident report was taken after racial threats and slurs were found written inside of a port-a-potty.
- On March 29, members of the GLLU attended a community safety forum at Georgetown University.
- On March 27, in the 3000 block of 9th Street, S.E., a complainant and a suspect were involved in a verbal altercation over the victim’s watching a television program. The suspect began to verbally abuse the victim by calling him homophobic slurs and pushed the victim into a glass window. The suspect was arrested.
- On March 23, in the 2000 block of Maryland Avenue, N.W., two complainants, were engaged in a verbal altercation over alleged infidelity. No offense took place. The two are involved in a domestic relationship.
- On March 22 in the 2100 block of Twinning Court N.W., a man reported that while he was at a local nightclub, he was assaulted by a suspect, who hit him in the face with an unknown object causing a laceration. The man went to a local hospital for treatment. A report was taken.
- On March 22, in the 2700 block of Langston Place, S.E., a complainant reported that a suspect threatened to kill the complainant and used homophobic slurs. A report was taken.
- On March 22, GLLU members assisted on a search warrant that was conducted in the 3800 block of 2nd Street, S.E.
- On March 8 in the 1000 block of Independence Avenue, S.W., a man reported that he walked into a fitness center and asked the suspect a question about a client. The suspect used homophobic slurs toward him and then threatened to harm him.