Anchorage Alaska updates: while it seems that the push to outlaw discrimination in Alaska’s largest city has failed, we’re learning that more than half of the precincts ran out of ballots, that there’s been thousands of questioned ballots — according to a note in Towleroad — and JoeMyGod tells us that the ACLU is calling for an investigation into voter fraud. Don’t be surprised if there is a lawsuit. One thing there probably won’t be: a resolution for Anchorage’s LGBT community. Here is your news:
- Truth Wins Out reveals that Jason Russell — who was discovered in L.A. recently on a frightening naked street side rant — spoke to a 2005 Christian conference in San Antonio telling them that his Kony 2012-producing group Invisible Children is “God’s Trojan Horse.”
- In a case of guilt by 6 degrees of association, Tolweroad tells us the Catholic Campaign for Human Development — a project of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops — is threatening to stop funding a group in Colorado that provides support for poor immigrants, because that group is affiliated with an immigrant rights coalition that works with One Colorado, the group pushing for equal rights for same-sex couples.
- Arrests were made last week in St. Petersburg, Russia, after police said that a protest against an anti-gay law barring gay propaganda was itself gay propaganda.
- Pam’s House Blend brings us excerpts and transcripts of a conversation between Courage Campaign’s Adam Bink and Michelangelo Signorile in which Bink explains how victory is possible in North Carolina, where the electorate will soon decide whether to amend the state constitution to bar any recognition of same-sex couples.
- Want to know if you can adopt in Arkansas? Foster in Florida? Marry in Maryland? Get fired for being gay in Philadelphia? The Movement Advancement Project has new interactive maps!
Finally, Bonnie Raitt is back, and her newest video for “Right Down The Line” features gay couples showing off their love.