Jenna Talackova, the trans woman competing for Canada’s Miss Universe title, finished in the top 12 of the competition this weekend, and tied for Miss Congeniality! Congrats, Jenna! Now here’s five stories we can’t stop talking about:
- Queerty has the video: openly gay Rep. Barney Frank (D – Mass) isn’t inviting the Obamas to his wedding because the Secret Service will ruin the fun
- Argentina invites foreigners to obtain same-sex marriages, says Think Progress
- Towleroad tells us “Lambda Legal scored a nice win in Waynesville, Ohio, where high school student Maverick Couch” can now wear his “Jesus is not a homophobe” shirt without risking suspension.
- HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius calls on the World Health Assembly to assure worldwide LGBT healthcare access, says Think Progress
- Queerty asks: did Queen Latifah come out at Long Beach Pride? Well, not really.
Finally, Sam & Dave are TOTALLY straight, but they want to show their appreciation to the President for coming out for same-sex marriage. Just one little teeny tiny complaint.