Remember Pastor Worley who said lesbians, “queers and homosexuals” should all be rounded up and put inside big electrified fenced pens? Shockingly, GoodAsYou has uncovered some old sermons of his, and looks like this isn’t his first time calling for a “final solution” for the gays. This started way back in 1978. And now the news:
- Croatia’s leaders are considering same-sex domestic partnerships, according to ThinkProgress, opening up doors to recognize marriages performed elsewhere.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie may be engaged, but Pitt tells NBC San Diego that they’ve not set a date and are still waiting for marriage equality in the sates.
- Iran blasts the storied Eurovision song contest as a “gay parade,” and according to Queerty, withdrew its ambassadors from the Capital of this year’s host country, Azerbaijan.
- Courage Campaign’s Prop8TrialTracker blog tells us the initial en banc hearing was denied in the Golinski DOMA case, but oral arguments are set for the week after my birthday. Overturning DOMA would make an awesome present, just saying.
- Queerty tells us that Rupert Everett will play Oscar Wilde in the new film about the gay icon author.
Finally: Matt Baume of the American Foundation for Equal Rights has your marriage news for the week.