Pride month starts tomorrow! Are you ready? Come set it off right with us at Town tomorrow night. Until then, here’s the news:
- Brian Brown, the President of the National Organization for Marriage — a group that opposes all same-sex marriage — has accepted openly gay sex columnist Dan Savage’s challenge to a kitchen table debate over marriage in the home Dan shares with his long-time partner Terry Miller. This is going to be good.
- JoeMyGod tells us J.C. Penney’s father’s day mailer includes an ad with gay dads (and their adorable kids!).
- The California Senate sent to the Assembly a bill barring reparative — also known as “conversion” — therapy for LGBT people in that state, and ThinkProgress was right on it.
- A very very bizarre story out of Montreal where a politician was sent dismembered body parts, and the police now suspect a gay porn star is behind it, according to the Edge Network.
- Towleroad brought us a great picture of one of our favorite interview subjects Zach Wahls — in his Eagle Scout uniform — delivering 275,000 petitions to the National Meeting of the Boy Scouts of America demanding the organization reinstate a lesbian den mother who was stripped of her membership for being gay.
Finally: Jimmy Kimmel asks passersby if they’ve ever had a gay experience. Have yourself a chuckle this morning.