Have you heard? Gay is no longer an insult, according to a New York appellate court decision reported on in the New York Times. If its not an insult, then it must be a compliment (I always thought so anyway). That’s so gay. Now here’s the news:
- A new book uncovers some of Gospel’s biggest LGBT little secrets, and some believe that this can be used to make inroads with black church leaders that have been traditionally hostile to LGBT rights, according to the New York Times.
- Washington voters look quite likely to approve same-sex marriage this November, though a lot of time will pass between that day and this.
- Human Rights Watch called for the European Union to confront Russia on anti-gay laws in that nation at an upcoming EU-Russia summit in St. Petersburg this week.
- The son of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker used some homophobic slurs on Facebook a few months back that are now coming back to bite, according to the Wisconsin Gazette.
- Openly gay Senator, architect of New York’s successful marriage push, and only HIV+ member of the New York state legislature, Tom Duane, is not seeking another term, says Gay City News.
Finally THIS is Jason Alexander’s apology for the crap he said to Craig Ferguson below.
What do you think? Do you think what he said about cricket being “gay” or the “queer British gay pitch” was offensive? Or do you think its all in good fun. What if he goes on to compare plot points in the movie “Deliverance” with elements of cricket?