As a comic book fan my whole life, I’ve been a little biased when its come to reporting comic/super hero-related gay news to you over the past year: from Super Gay, to Kevin from the Archie comics to Northstar’s pending nuptials (this month!). Somehow, last week, I completely failed to tell you about D.C.’s Green Lantern, its oldest hero (2 years older than Superman), coming out as gay in Earth Two: issue 2. Congrats on your coming out, Alan Scott! Of course here in the other DC universe, we’ve already had our own openly gay Green Lantern… so nothing new there. Now the news:
- Arson is suspected in a weekend fire at a Chicago suburban gay bar, according to the Chicago Tribune.
- Remember that Canadian porn star suspected in chopping up a body and mailing it to a politician? Looks like they tracked him down, says CBC.
- Curve‘s got the story: Lesbian.com launches!
- OutServe’s Josh Seefried uses a Stars and Stripes op-ed to call on higher-ranking officials to come out to help the armed forces continue to transition smoothly into an integrated gay/straight force.
- NCLR says New Mexico Supreme Court establishes important parenting protections for non-biological mothers.
Finally: Freedom to Marry and SLDN share the sad story of Monica and Naomi to illustrate why DOMA effects military families so terribly.
ALSO if you’re in D.C. don’t miss our event today at Macy’s with Candice Gingrich, Kevin Naff and Nicholas Benton. Also, check out the Macy’s displays for Pride month featuring HRC stuff.