Yet another reason I think D.C. is a better gay mecca than San Francisco (sorry S.F. friends): According to Outsports, San Francisco is only now getting their first gay sports bar, Hi-Tops. We’ve had Nellie’s for an era. Now here’s the news!
- From JoeMyGod: is Dharun Ravi getting early release?
- From Towleroad: Is Obama’s reelection campaign manager a homophobe?
- Queerty says the alma mater of Tenn. Sen. Stacey Campfield — the author of the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill — is fielding requests from current students and alumni to take down his photo from the hall of fame.
- The New York fifth grader whose winning speech was barred from an all-school assembly for winning speeches because it was about same-sex marriage, will now give his speech, says Towleroad.
- It may have a funny name, but Bob Jones University now has its own LGBT support group, says Queerty.
Finally, watch the President’s remarks at this weekend’s White House Pride commemoration: