Move over Marvel — whose big gay wedding comes out tomorrow (Big Planet, consider this my order for one copy) — slide down Green Lantern… heck, get out of the way Super Gay: “Spandex: Fast and Hard” is the world’s first all-gay superhero comic book, according to a report from AfterEllen. Not going to lie, I love all the recent gay superhero news. Now for news for the non-superpowered:
- It is my absolute delicious pleasure to report to you that the A-List franchise has been officially cut from Logo’s lineup, according to Queerty. Of course, no word on whether or not Logo has any plans to reimburse the LGBT community for the psychological damage its done, nor if they’ve got a device that can help us unwatch any A-List episodes we may have accidentally caught. Nice guy Mike Ruiz notwithstanding.
- Same-sex marriage is up by 20 points in Maine, according to a new poll Towleroad ran across.
- Openly gay retired futballer, Marcus Urban, will be live-tweeting the upcoming Ukraine-England match of Euro 2012 for AllOut.org, according to Outsports. He will be attempting to bring attention to pending legislation in the Ukraine that would ban freedom of speech for LGBT people and their allies.
- From the “is this really real?” file: Towleroad reports that an Ohio man is urging Ohio residents to write their state Representatives to nix the Buckeye as the state tree because — get this — its a bisexual tree.
- Jeremy Jordan of Broadway’s “Newsies” is jumping ship to join NBC’s “Smash,” according to Queerty. Oh and a new gay character joins the cast, blah blah blah…
Finally: Telemundo’s “Dangerous Relationships” is bursting out of the pink telenovella closet with its first same-sex coupling, Alejandro & Diego:
SPECIAL BONUS: Which are the gayest neighborhoods in America? Well Rehoboth Beach is in there, but where is Dupont Circle? Also, check out the prices in Ferndale Detroit adjacent Pleasant Ridge, MI! Maybe time to consider investing in some real estate back home! Would do we call “gay real estate?” Real e-gay-te? Queer estate? (h/t Towleroad)
Did I mention the A-List is gone? Oh I did? Just wanted to be sure we didn’t forget.