While Entertainment Weekly tackles gay celebrities coming out of the closet on their own terms, my boss, Washington Blade Editor Kevin Naff contributed quotes to a much different New York Observer magazine story about pushing closeted celebs out of the closet. Now here’s the news:
- An LGBT Occupy Wall Street offshoot, OccuPride, plans to disrupt the San Francisco Pride parade this weekend, maybe even stop it in its tracks, says LGBT newspaper Bay Area Reporter. Meanwhile, OccuPrider Scott Rossi tells JoeMyGod they aren’t against having a good time, but want to make people aware of the corporate takeover of Pride.
- Towleroad tells us the Canadian porn star murderer who posted video of dismembering his ex on YouTube, before shipping body parts off to members of Parliament, has plead not guilty to his murder…
- Troy Michigan mayor, Janice Daniels, whose foot seems ever so resolved to stay firmly in her mouth when it comes to talking about LGBT people, has done it again; and this time — with a pending recall election hovering over her head — she may have sealed her fate, according to Autostraddle.
- Dan Savage said something VERY naughty about GOProud on Twitter after the gay conservative group endorsed Mitt Romney. GOProud leadership was quick to reply, as was friend of the Blade and DailyKos superstar, Scott Wooledge.
- Alec Baldwin should just get off Twitter… read what homophobic junk he tweeted now at Queerty.
Finally, remember playing Britney’s album “Baby… One More Time,” over and over again and hearing the duet “I Will Still Love You?” The guy singing with Brit is named Don Philips, and on Sunday he auditioned for his old song-mate Britney Spears, Simon Cowell and everyone else on the X Factor, and came out of the closet in the tearful exchange with the “Toxic” songstress. Watch part of that audition here:
Apparently, however, his audition crashed an burned. Too bad he can’t now say to Britney “Oops, I did it again!” (h/t Towleroad)