Happy 43rd Stonewall uprising! In the wee small hours of the morning, June 28, 1969, our queer forefathers and foremothers and fore… drag queens decided enough was enough, and thus began the modern era of widespread grassroots LGBT community activism (not to take away from amazing activists like Henry Gerber, Harry Hay, Frank Kameny and Barbara Gittings who fought back long before that night). But that doesn’t mean its the end of summer pride. Oh now. According to Queerty, its just getting started in Europe. Now here’s the news:
- JoeMyGod found a list of the 30 richest DJs in the world. Tiesto tops out the list, some very expected answers and not so expected answers. Fatboy Slim is #12? What is this 1998?
- That breakup that inspired Adele’s smash “21” album? Apparently it was a bi guy who left her for a gay friend at a party, says Queerty about some leaked info from a new unofficial biography. Boys, you know better than to break poor straight girls’ hearts, but then again, look was genius it inspired, so maybe its not such a bad thing.
- Priests in the Bulgarian Orthodox Church is showing their Christian love by calling for violence and murder at Saturday’s Sofia Pride Parade, says JoeMyGod.
- Queerty tells us about a new effort by the CDC to bring rapid HIV testing to pharmacies around the country, giving you absolutely no excuse not to know your status.
- JoeMyGod has us asking: will Scotland be getting same-sex marriage sooner than we think?
VIDEO | Yeah, we wish they’d called us, maybe, so we could have been at this party too.
Finally, our friends at OutrageDC.com say check out active duty military night at Nellie’s, Cobalt Best Package, Mova rooftop party, Phase 1 lesbian karaoke, and shirtless thursdays at Green Lantern, if you’re looking for something to do tonight. Check out more at their calendar.