Nice to see you haven’t melted yet. Apparently now we’ll be dodging lightning bolts all week, however, now in Washington. I’d rather be soaked with rain all day than with my own sweat at this point though! Here’s your fast five:
- The Los Angeles Times reports that the Episcopal Church seems to be on the verge of becoming the biggest Christian denomination yet to bless same-sex unions.
- A judicial appellate panel has held up New York state’s law extending marriage rights to same-sex couples, says Gay City News.
- Gov. Jan Brewer has asked the Supreme Court to overturn a Ninth U.S. Circuit Court ruling that Arizona must continue providing benefits to same-sex partners of employees.
- The Washington Post reports that Google’s new “Legalize Love” campaign seeks to end criminalization of homosexuality world wide.
- Scottie Thomaston of Courage Campaign’s Prop 8 Trial Tracker has an incredible post up analyzing the latest brief in Golinksi v. OPM, challenging the anti-gay Defense of Marriage Act.
VIDEO | What are the benefits for a straight guy living with a gay couple? Let Kasey tell you: