Emmy nominations are in, and there are lots of gay favs getting accolades. One surprise: Dan Savage — whose new drag burlesque musical version of Hellen Keller’s life just opened up in Seattle — was nominated in the children’s category for ‘It Gets Better.’ Cue controversy in 3… 2…
- For the first time ever, uniformed active duty military service members will march in San Diego Pride, says ABC News.
- NARTH’s co-founder: Yup, I can’t cure the gay either.
- We love the fact that our friends at OutrageDC.com read the Washington Examiner for us, so that we don’t have to, but can still read gems like this: gay men are either single or cheating.
- British Columbia is launching a strategy for testing every sexually active person for HIV, says JoeMyGod.
- From Towleroad: A “Christian Bar” (???) in Idaho won’t sell Pepsi or MillerCoors over gay support (duh, Coke & Budweiser is just as pro-gay)
VIDEO | Pansexual hipster hop goddess Azaelia Banks — who brought us half of “Shady Love” on the new Scissor Sisters album — has a new ‘Paris Is Burning’-themed video for her song “Fierce,” and I love her and I can’t stop watching it.
SPECIAL BONUS CHICK-FIL-A COVERAGE:
- Chick-fil-A’s boss says “guilty as charged” when charged with running a homophobic company.
- A humorous post about how other fast food chains can pick up the gay buck that Chick-fil-A will lose.
- Chick-fil-A’s boss says you’re taking his words out of context. And he’s shut down.
- Take this poll on whether or not you’ll still eat Chick-fil-A.
- Boston’s gay friendly mayor weighs in on the Chick-fil-A debate, says they’re not welcome in his city.