Oh no! Grindr is ruining Fire Island, says New York Magazine! Nobody cruises the Meat Rack anymore! Well here’s the news:
- Yesterday we reported on Secretary of State Clinton’s speech from the International AIDS Conference, but did we bury the anti-foreskin lead?
- Towleroad reports mom of the year Bristol Palin says that Tripp didn’t say “faggot,” but even if he did, why is it so bad to let a 3-year-old use such violent slurs, when grown-up writer and cultural commentator Dan Savage uses the same word?
- Sally Ride, the first U.S. woman in space, came out of the closet as a lesbian in her obituary after dying of pancreatic cancer yesterday.
- In a shocking semi-reversal (maybe not so much a 180… maybe a 23 or a 24 degree turn? 15?) House Republican leader Eric Cantor says the GOP should be more tolerant of gays and even pro-marriage-equality Republicans. JoeMyGod reports the Family Research Council wasted all of six or seven minutes to rip him apart, calling him a socialist apologist, and saying such attitudes will lead to a Dan Savage-led taxpayer funded campaign against people like Dan Cathy of Chick-fil-A. So it was a really reasonable, rational reaction.
- Speaking of Chick-fil-A, Towleroad reports Mike Huckabee thinks the right should buycott (not boycott) Chick-fil-A to make up for all the lefties who won’t eat there anymore. So forget that mom-and-pop chicken place down Main Street from you.
VIDEO | While promoting her newest project, the sequel to the gay sub-subcommunity hit ‘Bear City,’ a fantastic-never-looked-better Kathy Najimy, who seems to age backward, helped Chelsea Handler get her head around what a “gay bear” is:
Everyone, if you haven’t seen the first installment of ‘Bear City,’ definitely check it out. There are some cheesy parts to it, like all super-gay movies, and it tries a little too hard in the first reel to prove its “bear cred,” by trying to dump as much bear minutiae into casual dialogue as possible. That said, it’s not just a good gay movie, its a good movie. I’m super excited about the second installment, and not just because this time I know two of the people attached to it. I can’t wait for the DC premiere! (h/t Towleroad)