Sadly, one of my favorite people in the world passed away yesterday: Sherman Hemsley — who is best known for playing George Jefferson on one of the greatest sitcoms of all time, The Jeffersons — passed away at 74. There have been internet rumors about his sexual orientation for years, but have never been confirmed. Out or in, Sherman enjoy that deluxe apartment in the sky. Here’s the out of the closet news:
- All my years in Illinois, I never felt all that unsafe in Boystown. I felt much safer than I do now living around the corner from Florida and Georgia Avenues. However, for some reason, there are now armed guards in bullet-proof vests patrolling Chicago’s gayborhood.
- Though the lead is most certainly buried DEEP in this one, the takeaway from this Wisconsin Gazette story is that DSM-V — the manual mental health professionals use to diagnose conditions, whose new edition is out later this year — will replace “Gender Identity Disorder” with “Gender Dysphoria,” which means that trans identities will no longer be considered a disorder.
- Seven cities — Amsterdam, Limerick, London, Orlando, Paris, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo — are bidding to be the host of the 2018 Gay Games, says Outsports.com.
- Chick-fil-A now says THEY ended the relationship first with Muppets, and put out backdated recall notices on the toys at some of their stores, according to JoeMyGod. Sure. And Jessie James broke it off with Sandra Bullock first (wait, is that reference too dated already?)
- Who will be werqin’ it for RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars?
VIDEO | Scotland’s openly gay Dean of Saint Alban’s to same-sex couples: God will bless your marriage