The Fast Five Fix is a fun and cheeky daily roundup of five new LGBT news and entertainment stories from the past 24 hours, along with fun video, pictures and happenings.
According to the Raw Story, Pat Robertson thinks that you should “shut your mouth” until you can “bring forth a baby from that part of the anatomy which they concentrate on.” What a great guy. Here are five stories he would hate for you to waste your time reading when you could be productive having procreative heterosexual sex:
- Brig. Gen. Tammy Smith is the U.S. Army’s first openly gay general, says the L.A. Times.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality says the FAA released new medical certification procedures for trans pilots, eliminating expensive psychological testing that had previously been required, and kept many trans pilots grounded.
- The Washington Post reports on a same-sex marriage case making its way to the nation of Colombia’s high court, which could have far-reaching effects throughout Latin America.
- A federal judge said Friday he’ll hear arguments Nov. 26 in Reno on a national gay rights advocacy group’s challenge of Nevada’s ban on same-sex marriage, says newspaper, Nevada Appeal.
- Human Rights Watch is calling for Lebanon’s detention system to cease anal examinations as part of police examinations.
VIDEO | Reykjavik Mayor Jon Gnarr rode through the streets of the Icelandic capital in a bright pink dress to add his voice to calls to free the band Pussy Riot, facing seven years in a Russian jail for an anti-government performance.
(h/t Moscow Times)