Some hot news to chat about tonight at happy hour:
- Last month we shared a report of a horrific hate crime in Lincoln Nebraska, that has turned out to be a hoax, according to several news outlets, including LA’s LGBT POV.
- Are more straight Americans than gay Americans having gay sex? HuffPo thinks so.
- An LGBT-friendly church in rural Ohio was fire-bombed. GLAAD wonders if it can generate any media attention.
- A previously closeted Minnesota Democratic legislator who was caught in a gay public bathroom underage “NSA” Craigslist hook up (yup, pretty much as many bad decisions as he could possibly make at one time short of also having driven there drunk with a crack rock in his pocket) has decided he won’t stay in the race after all, says Minnesota Public Radio.
- Anti-gay groups tell Fox News: stop booking Wayne Besen to speak for the gays.
VIDEO | Last week, NOM’s Brian Brown and Dan Savage debated same-sex marriage for an hour. It’s awesome. Here you go.
(h/t Brown v Savage site)