Today I’m fully loading your Fast Five like never before as there is so much going on. I couldn’t include this story about a new video game about transitioning gender by an LGBT game programmer, nor this one about the secret gay history of Anonymous, nor this one about San Franciscans attempting to save the Eagle from closure, nor this one about 10 celeb couples that won’t marry until I can (though I can in DC). Even my first two here are overloaded. So much news now:
- Television: Peter Paige/Jennifer Lopez-produced lesbian drama a go on ABC Family, Glee cast poster is missing a certain miss Quinn Faberry, and though Salt Lake’s NBC affiliate KSL won’t carry Ryan Murphy’s new gay dads sitcom (featuring Ellen Barkin, get into it) ‘The New Normal,’ another Salt Lake area station will carry it on the weekends.
- RNC Convention: The Craigslist ads have already started appearing. Anyone getting any good Grindr/Scruff stories/screenshots, let us know. Also, the platform is going to slam ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ repeal, even though its gone smoothly, and a year out, none of the fire and brimstone promised has come to fruition.
- Beastie Boys Ad-Rock (Adam Horivitz) just sold a building to a developer that just happens to be a piece of New York gay history, and now people are worried it’s going to get torn down.
- Guys know about Grindr and Scruff and Growlr but did you know that there are twelve fairly good location-based hook-up apps for the ladies as well? Well, sort of.
- The captain of the Quakers Yard, Wales, rugby club has come out awesomely on YouTube, telling his story of acceptance that will be sure to inspire young kids out there still struggling with who they are.
VIDEO | My favorite new artist, “drag rapper” Mykki Blanco gives us the gift of this fabulous video (obviously NSFW). Learn it and learn it well.
(h/t Queerty: learn more about Blanco, AKA Michael David Quattlebaum Jr. AKA No Fear and why he does drag when he raps)