“Despite many civil rights advances, today’s LGBT youth are still members of the only minority group ‘born into an enemy camp,’ subject to family and community disapproval and animus rather than loving support,” said Jack Dreshcer, MD of the American Psychiatric Association and New York Medical College. “The HRC survey’s findings present significant challenged to families, educators, clergy, mental health professionals, policy makers and government officials concerned about the well-being of LGBT youth.”
The survey also found that despite the fact that 90 percent of respondents are out to close friends, 42 percent say the community they live in is not LGBT friendly.
- Caribbean tourism industry slowly recovering from hurricanes by Michael K. Lavers | posted on February 22, 2018
- Pence brags about ‘promises made and promises kept’ — and LGBT advocates agree by Chris Johnson | posted on February 22, 2018
- Cyclone seriously damages Tonga LGBTI center, shelter by Michael K. Lavers | posted on February 21, 2018
- New York Pride announces 2018 theme ‘Defiantly Different’ by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 22, 2018
- Spring 2018 District of Columbia Unclaimed Property by WBadmin | posted on February 22, 2018