WASHINGTON — The Washington Blade will join sports teams, New York and Las Vegas landmarks, and dozens of major media organizations in turning our logos purple across platforms to raise awareness of anti-gay bullying.
Joining the cause are the hosts of “Good Morning America,” “Extra,” and “E! News” who will wear purple on air, as well as celebrities including TV icon George Takei, NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, “Glee” star Dianna Agron, star of ABC Family’s “Pretty Little Liars” Shay Mitchell, Wendy Williams, Chelsea Handler, Chaz Bono, Fran Drescher, the band Fun, Paris Hilton, Sir Ian McKellen, and Joel McHale.
Watch the Washington Blade’s Facebook page for more information about bullying Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
If you’re in the Washington area, and you’d like to keep this special edition as a collector’s item, you can locate all of our Washington area boxes here!
- Log Cabin to withhold endorsement from Trump by Chris Johnson | posted on October 22, 2016
- 2 hospitalized in anti-gay attack at Md. bar by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on October 24, 2016
- ‘Gotham’ star Robin Lord Taylor says growing up gay prepared him for The Penguin by Mariah Cooper | posted on October 21, 2016
- Trump campaign mischaracterizes ISIS as anti-gay donor to Clinton by Chris Johnson | posted on October 23, 2016
- Best of Gay D.C. XV by Staff reports | posted on October 20, 2016