WASHINGTON — The Washington Blade will join sports teams, New York and Las Vegas landmarks, and dozens of major media organizations in turning our logos purple across platforms to raise awareness of anti-gay bullying.
Joining the cause are the hosts of “Good Morning America,” “Extra,” and “E! News” who will wear purple on air, as well as celebrities including TV icon George Takei, NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, “Glee” star Dianna Agron, star of ABC Family’s “Pretty Little Liars” Shay Mitchell, Wendy Williams, Chelsea Handler, Chaz Bono, Fran Drescher, the band Fun, Paris Hilton, Sir Ian McKellen, and Joel McHale.
Watch the Washington Blade’s Facebook page for more information about bullying Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
If you’re in the Washington area, and you’d like to keep this special edition as a collector’s item, you can locate all of our Washington area boxes here!
- Trump fortifies anti-LGBT positions, taps Santorum as adviser by Chris Johnson | posted on September 22, 2016
- 2016 Best of Gay DC Final Voting by WBadmin | posted on September 19, 2016
- New H&M ad features gay kiss and transgender actress by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 23, 2016
- Debate watch parties planned all over D.C. by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 22, 2016
- Magic Johnson confesses he didn’t want son EJ to be gay by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 22, 2016