WASHINGTON — The Washington Blade will join sports teams, New York and Las Vegas landmarks, and dozens of major media organizations in turning our logos purple across platforms to raise awareness of anti-gay bullying.
Joining the cause are the hosts of “Good Morning America,” “Extra,” and “E! News” who will wear purple on air, as well as celebrities including TV icon George Takei, NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, “Glee” star Dianna Agron, star of ABC Family’s “Pretty Little Liars” Shay Mitchell, Wendy Williams, Chelsea Handler, Chaz Bono, Fran Drescher, the band Fun, Paris Hilton, Sir Ian McKellen, and Joel McHale.
Watch the Washington Blade’s Facebook page for more information about bullying Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
If you’re in the Washington area, and you’d like to keep this special edition as a collector’s item, you can locate all of our Washington area boxes here!
- Pakistan bills offer unprecedented protections for transgender people by Helen Parshall | posted on August 16, 2017
- White people: this fight is now on our doorstep by Stephen A. Glassman | posted on August 17, 2017
- Summer Restaurant Week, D.C. Beer Week close out August dining season by Kristen Hartke | posted on August 17, 2017
- At least 13 dead after van plows into crowd in Barcelona by Michael K. Lavers | posted on August 17, 2017
- ‘Cirque du Soleil: OVO’ brings an insect world to life by Keith Loria | posted on August 17, 2017