WASHINGTON — The Washington Blade will join sports teams, New York and Las Vegas landmarks, and dozens of major media organizations in turning our logos purple across platforms to raise awareness of anti-gay bullying.
Joining the cause are the hosts of “Good Morning America,” “Extra,” and “E! News” who will wear purple on air, as well as celebrities including TV icon George Takei, NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, “Glee” star Dianna Agron, star of ABC Family’s “Pretty Little Liars” Shay Mitchell, Wendy Williams, Chelsea Handler, Chaz Bono, Fran Drescher, the band Fun, Paris Hilton, Sir Ian McKellen, and Joel McHale.
Watch the Washington Blade’s Facebook page for more information about bullying Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
If you’re in the Washington area, and you’d like to keep this special edition as a collector’s item, you can locate all of our Washington area boxes here!
- Caribbean tourism industry slowly recovering from hurricanes by Michael K. Lavers | posted on February 22, 2018
- Pence brags about ‘promises made and promises kept’ — and LGBT advocates agree by Chris Johnson | posted on February 22, 2018
- New York Pride announces 2018 theme ‘Defiantly Different’ by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 22, 2018
- Spring 2018 District of Columbia Unclaimed Property by WBadmin | posted on February 22, 2018
- Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir will host Winter Olympics closing ceremony by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 22, 2018