Photo of D.C. Fire and EMS Chief Kenneth Ellerbe at an observance of Transgender Remembrance Day at the Metropolitan Community Church of D.C. on Nov. 20, 2012. The Chief apologized on behalf of the EMS for the events leading to Tyra Hunter’s death before his tenure as chief. Washington Blade photo by Michael Key.
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Trump admin to rescind trans student protections: source by Chris Johnson | posted on February 20, 2017
- CPAC disinvites Milo Yiannopoulos over unearthed pedophilia video by Chris Johnson | posted on February 20, 2017
- LGBT-affirming churches to offer glitter ashes for Ash Wednesday by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 20, 2017
- Va. religious freedom bill receives final approval by Michael K. Lavers | posted on February 20, 2017
- Queer rapper Mykki Blanco calls Delta flight investigation ‘bizarre homophobia’ by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 20, 2017