- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- March 2009
- October 2006
- July 2002
America's Leading Gay News Source
Leather events are next weekend in D.C.
The Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend comes to Washington at the Hyatt Regency (400 New Jersey Ave., NW) for the weekend of January 11-13. Full packages are $180 online and $200 on site and allow attendees to go to official MAL weekend events and activities. The Weekend Pass is $10 to $25 and does not include admission to Official MAL events. MAL is a mostly gay event and attracts leather enthusiasts from all over the country. Below are official and unofficial MAL events:
* On Thursday, the night before the event, there is a Former MAL Titleholders Bar Night at D.C. Eagle (639 New York Ave., NW) from 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
* The Exhibit Hall for the event is open from 5-11 p.m. Friday night, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
* The SigMa D.C. (1014 H St., NE) party is Friday night from 8 p.m.-midnight. This party is not included in the MAL weekend package. Cost for SigMaDC members is $20 and $25 for non-members.
* CODE D.C. is hosting a party at Crucible (16 M St., NE) Friday and Saturday night 9 p.m.-3 a.m. This is party is not part of the MAL weekend package. The cost is $40 a night or $60 both nights in advance online and it is $60 at the door.
* The ONYX dance party “ONYX After Dark” in the Regency Ballroom of the hotel is Friday night 10 p.m.-2 a.m.
* The D.C. boys of leather: “Where the boys are” is Friday night from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. in the Congressional Room in the hotel.
* The Mid-Atlantic Kennel Korps host Puppy Park Saturday 1-3:30 p.m. in the Regency Ballroom.
* SigMa holds a BDSM demonstration 1-3 p.m. in the Regency Ballroom of the hotel.
* The ONYX Cocktail Party and Leather Gear Show and Auction happens Saturday from 3-6 p.m. in the Congressional Room.
* Another SigMa DC (1014 H St., NE) party is Saturday night from 6 p.m.-2 a.m. This party is not included in the MAL weekend package. Cost for SigMaDC members is $20 and $25 for non-members.
* Leather Cocktails take place in the Regency Ballroom Saturday evening 6:30-9 p.m.
* The Manhunt Jock Party “Dirty” event is Saturday night 10 p.m.-2 a.m. in the Capitol Room.
* Spurg hosts a free Blackout Party Saturday night 10 p.m.-3 a.m. in the Regency Ballroom.
* The 9:30 Club (815 V St., NW) hosts the party “Blowoff” Saturday night at 11:30 p.m. This event is not included in the weekend package. Cost is $12.
* For weekend package holders there is a brunch Sunday morning from 10 a.m.-noon in the Capitol Room.
* The Mr. Mid-Atlantic Leather 2013 Contest is on Sunday from 1-3:30 p.m. in the Regency Ballroom. Tickets are $25.
* U Street Music Hall (1115 U St., NW) hosts Tea Dance 3.0 Sunday night from 5 p.m.-midnight.
For more information, visit leatherweekend.com.
Tagged with Hyatt Regency Hotel, MAL Weekend, Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend, Out & About
We welcome your thoughtful, respectful comments. Please read our 'Terms of Service' page for more information about community expectations.
Comments from new visitors, flagged users, or those containing questionable language are automatically held for moderation and may not appear immediately.