The Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend comes to Washington at the Hyatt Regency (400 New Jersey Ave., NW) for the weekend of January 11-13. Full packages are $180 online and $200 on site and allow attendees to go to official MAL weekend events and activities. The Weekend Pass is $10 to $25 and does not include admission to Official MAL events. MAL is a mostly gay event and attracts leather enthusiasts from all over the country. Below are official and unofficial MAL events:
* On Thursday, the night before the event, there is a Former MAL Titleholders Bar Night at D.C. Eagle (639 New York Ave., NW) from 9 p.m.-1 a.m.
* The Exhibit Hall for the event is open from 5-11 p.m. Friday night, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
* The SigMa D.C. (1014 H St., NE) party is Friday night from 8 p.m.-midnight. This party is not included in the MAL weekend package. Cost for SigMaDC members is $20 and $25 for non-members.
* CODE D.C. is hosting a party at Crucible (16 M St., NE) Friday and Saturday night 9 p.m.-3 a.m. This is party is not part of the MAL weekend package. The cost is $40 a night or $60 both nights in advance online and it is $60 at the door.
* The ONYX dance party “ONYX After Dark” in the Regency Ballroom of the hotel is Friday night 10 p.m.-2 a.m.
* The D.C. boys of leather: “Where the boys are” is Friday night from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. in the Congressional Room in the hotel.
* The Mid-Atlantic Kennel Korps host Puppy Park Saturday 1-3:30 p.m. in the Regency Ballroom.
* SigMa holds a BDSM demonstration 1-3 p.m. in the Regency Ballroom of the hotel.
* The ONYX Cocktail Party and Leather Gear Show and Auction happens Saturday from 3-6 p.m. in the Congressional Room.
* Another SigMa DC (1014 H St., NE) party is Saturday night from 6 p.m.-2 a.m. This party is not included in the MAL weekend package. Cost for SigMaDC members is $20 and $25 for non-members.
* Leather Cocktails take place in the Regency Ballroom Saturday evening 6:30-9 p.m.
* The Manhunt Jock Party “Dirty” event is Saturday night 10 p.m.-2 a.m. in the Capitol Room.
* Spurg hosts a free Blackout Party Saturday night 10 p.m.-3 a.m. in the Regency Ballroom.
* The 9:30 Club (815 V St., NW) hosts the party “Blowoff” Saturday night at 11:30 p.m. This event is not included in the weekend package. Cost is $12.
* For weekend package holders there is a brunch Sunday morning from 10 a.m.-noon in the Capitol Room.
* The Mr. Mid-Atlantic Leather 2013 Contest is on Sunday from 1-3:30 p.m. in the Regency Ballroom. Tickets are $25.
* U Street Music Hall (1115 U St., NW) hosts Tea Dance 3.0 Sunday night from 5 p.m.-midnight.
For more information, visit leatherweekend.com.