The Westminster chapter of PFLAG will present the 2011 documentary film “Bully” from 5-7 p.m. on March 17. “Bully,” originally titled “The Bully Project,” is a 2011 documentary film about bullying in schools. Directed by Lee Hirsch, the film follows the lives of five students who face bullying on a daily basis, especially pertinent to gay youth
There will be a group discussion following the presentation. In addition, the chapter promises fun “green treats” in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day.
The event takes place at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ at the corner of Bond and Green streets in Westminster. Meetings are free, confidential and open to the public. For more information about the chapter and this event, visit pflagwcc.org.
- Bisexual Md. lawmaker talks coming out, conversion therapy speech by Michael K. Lavers | posted on April 21, 2018
- Singer/songwriter Janis Ian keeps it real in advance of April 28 D.C.-area show by Joey DiGuglielmo | posted on April 21, 2018
- Creepy ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ returns for equally good second season by Brian T. Carney | posted on April 21, 2018
- BMW X3, Dodge Durango are brash crossovers with panache by Joe Phillips | posted on April 21, 2018
- ‘Cat’ pounces at Shakespeare by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 21, 2018