LOS ANGELES—The gay son of former Los Angeles Lakers player and philanthropist Magic Johnson told an online talk show on April 16 he remains “very blessed to have the family” he does.
“When it was time to come out, I was, obviously, scared as most people are,” E.J. Johnson told “Gwissues,” according to the Associated Press. “After I got all the love and support from my family then I knew I could go out and conquer the world, I guess.”
TMZ earlier this month broadcast a video of the younger Johnson walking with his boyfriend on the Sunset Strip.
Magic Johnson told the entertainment website his wife Cookie and he “love E.J. and support him in every way.”
Johnson revealed in 1991 that he was HIV positive, changing the face of the disease in the public eye.
- Thousands protest Trump in NYC by Michael K. Lavers | posted on January 20, 2017
- Temper tantrums, name-calling don’t win us friends by Mark Lee | posted on January 20, 2017
- LGBT page zapped from Trump White House website by Chris Johnson | posted on January 20, 2017
- LGBT groups to benefit from inaugural donations by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on January 20, 2017
- Trump pledges renewed America in inauguration speech by Chris Johnson | posted on January 20, 2017