LOS ANGELES—The gay son of former Los Angeles Lakers player and philanthropist Magic Johnson told an online talk show on April 16 he remains “very blessed to have the family” he does.
“When it was time to come out, I was, obviously, scared as most people are,” E.J. Johnson told “Gwissues,” according to the Associated Press. “After I got all the love and support from my family then I knew I could go out and conquer the world, I guess.”
TMZ earlier this month broadcast a video of the younger Johnson walking with his boyfriend on the Sunset Strip.
Magic Johnson told the entertainment website his wife Cookie and he “love E.J. and support him in every way.”
Johnson revealed in 1991 that he was HIV positive, changing the face of the disease in the public eye.
- Caitlyn Jenner wouldn’t vote for Trump again, says she can ‘handle’ Pence by Mariah Cooper | posted on May 23, 2018
- HIV groups urge states to investigate reduced coverage of AIDS drugs by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on May 23, 2018
- SPOTLIGHT: LGBT candidates to watch in 2018 by Chris Johnson | posted on May 23, 2018
- U.S. agencies to celebrate Pride month, but without Cabinet secretaries by Chris Johnson | posted on May 23, 2018
- Lesbian sheriff wins Dem nomination in Texas gubernatorial race by Chris Johnson | posted on May 23, 2018