LOS ANGELES—The gay son of former Los Angeles Lakers player and philanthropist Magic Johnson told an online talk show on April 16 he remains “very blessed to have the family” he does.
“When it was time to come out, I was, obviously, scared as most people are,” E.J. Johnson told “Gwissues,” according to the Associated Press. “After I got all the love and support from my family then I knew I could go out and conquer the world, I guess.”
TMZ earlier this month broadcast a video of the younger Johnson walking with his boyfriend on the Sunset Strip.
Magic Johnson told the entertainment website his wife Cookie and he “love E.J. and support him in every way.”
Johnson revealed in 1991 that he was HIV positive, changing the face of the disease in the public eye.
- Secret bisexual life surfaces after Aaron Hernandez suicide by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on April 24, 2017
- Capital Pride to honor hockey star, advocates by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on April 23, 2017
- Macron, Le Pen advance in French presidential election by Michael K. Lavers | posted on April 23, 2017
- Fan sues Live Nation over postponed Janet Jackson tour by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 24, 2017
- Google Home ad features busy gay dads by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 24, 2017