LOS ANGELES—The gay son of former Los Angeles Lakers player and philanthropist Magic Johnson told an online talk show on April 16 he remains “very blessed to have the family” he does.
“When it was time to come out, I was, obviously, scared as most people are,” E.J. Johnson told “Gwissues,” according to the Associated Press. “After I got all the love and support from my family then I knew I could go out and conquer the world, I guess.”
TMZ earlier this month broadcast a video of the younger Johnson walking with his boyfriend on the Sunset Strip.
Magic Johnson told the entertainment website his wife Cookie and he “love E.J. and support him in every way.”
Johnson revealed in 1991 that he was HIV positive, changing the face of the disease in the public eye.
- Social conservatives thank Trump at White House for anti-LGBT policy by Chris Johnson | posted on December 11, 2017
- Third court rules against Trump’s transgender military ban by Chris Johnson | posted on December 11, 2017
- PHOTOS: The Holiday Show by Michael Key | posted on December 11, 2017
- HRC stands with Dreamers across America by Mary Beth Maxwell | posted on December 11, 2017
- Netflix unveils first look at new ‘Queer Eye for the Straight Guy’ cast by Mariah Cooper | posted on December 11, 2017