LOS ANGELES—The gay son of former Los Angeles Lakers player and philanthropist Magic Johnson told an online talk show on April 16 he remains “very blessed to have the family” he does.
“When it was time to come out, I was, obviously, scared as most people are,” E.J. Johnson told “Gwissues,” according to the Associated Press. “After I got all the love and support from my family then I knew I could go out and conquer the world, I guess.”
TMZ earlier this month broadcast a video of the younger Johnson walking with his boyfriend on the Sunset Strip.
Magic Johnson told the entertainment website his wife Cookie and he “love E.J. and support him in every way.”
Johnson revealed in 1991 that he was HIV positive, changing the face of the disease in the public eye.
- Dietrich exhibit honors gender-bending film icon by Joey DiGuglielmo | posted on June 22, 2017
- State Department declines to comment on ‘lavender scare’ bill by Michael K. Lavers | posted on June 23, 2017
- Schiff reintroduces bill to regulate ‘troubled teen’ industry by Karen Ocamb | posted on June 22, 2017
- Shonda Rhimes to remake ‘Queer as Folk’ creator’s gay dramedies by Mariah Cooper | posted on June 23, 2017
- Revisiting Freddie by Terri Schlichenmeyer | posted on June 22, 2017