The National LGBT Bar Association on July 17 named six D.C.-area attorneys among 40 attorneys nationwide that were selected for the group’s annual designation as the “Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40.”
“The LGBT Bar established this award to recognize lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender legal professionals under the age of 40 who have distinguished themselves in their field and demonstrated a profound commitment to LGBT equality,” a statement released by the organization says.
The 40 attorneys selected for the award are scheduled to be recognized on Aug. 24 in San Francisco during the 25th Anniversary Lavender Law Conference and Career Fair.
The six D.C. area attorneys who are to receive the award are:
- Aaron Tidman, associate, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky & Popeo of D.C.
- Madeline Findley, partner, Wiltshire & Granis of D.C.
- Marc Hearon, associate, Morrison & Foerster of D.C.
- Dipal Shah, director of policy development & programs, American Constitution Society of D.C.
- Emily Hecht-McGowan, director of public policy, Family Equality Council of Takoma Park, Md.
- Holly Lincoln, trial attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, D.C.