Queer band Avan Lava performs at Living Social (918 F St., N.W.) on Aug. 2 at 8:30 p.m. as part of its “Emerging Artists Concert Series.”
The Brooklyn-based band has a disco-cum-new wave sound. Its members are outspokenly queer and the goal of their concerts is to create a safe and welcoming space for LGBT music fans.
Avan Lava’s last performance in D.C. was at the Brightest Young Things Capital Pride Party. They’ve also appeared on MTV and in New York Magazine.
- Supreme Court won’t hear case seeking Title VII protection for gays by Chris Johnson | posted on December 11, 2017
- Annise Parker on leading Victory Fund: ‘My focus is on the candidate’ by Chris Johnson | posted on December 11, 2017
- McCain and Cardin: Trump ‘largely silent’ on human rights abroad by Michael K. Lavers | posted on December 11, 2017
- HRC stands with Dreamers across America by Mary Beth Maxwell | posted on December 11, 2017
- Man detonates ‘improvised’ pipe bomb in NYC subway by Michael K. Lavers | posted on December 11, 2017