Queer band Avan Lava performs at Living Social (918 F St., N.W.) on Aug. 2 at 8:30 p.m. as part of its “Emerging Artists Concert Series.”
The Brooklyn-based band has a disco-cum-new wave sound. Its members are outspokenly queer and the goal of their concerts is to create a safe and welcoming space for LGBT music fans.
Avan Lava’s last performance in D.C. was at the Brightest Young Things Capital Pride Party. They’ve also appeared on MTV and in New York Magazine.
- Bill Nye bashes gay conversion therapy with ice cream by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 28, 2017
- This year’s Pride is not business as usual by Adam Miramon | posted on April 28, 2017
- Log Cabin president, U.N. officials discuss Chechnya by Michael K. Lavers | posted on April 28, 2017
- Voters learn there’s little to love about either party by Mark Lee | posted on April 28, 2017
- 19 senators urge Trump’s HHS to restore LGBT questions to elder surveys by Chris Johnson | posted on April 28, 2017