Queer band Avan Lava performs at Living Social (918 F St., N.W.) on Aug. 2 at 8:30 p.m. as part of its “Emerging Artists Concert Series.”
The Brooklyn-based band has a disco-cum-new wave sound. Its members are outspokenly queer and the goal of their concerts is to create a safe and welcoming space for LGBT music fans.
Avan Lava’s last performance in D.C. was at the Brightest Young Things Capital Pride Party. They’ve also appeared on MTV and in New York Magazine.
- Trump admin to rescind trans student protections: source by Chris Johnson | posted on February 20, 2017
- Va. religious freedom bill receives final approval by Michael K. Lavers | posted on February 20, 2017
- ‘Not My President’s Day’ protest in D.C. draws hundreds by Michael K. Lavers | posted on February 20, 2017
- Salvadoran LGBTI activists seek justice for murdered trans women by Ernesto Valle | posted on February 21, 2017
- Patti LaBelle, Tegan and Sara, Years & Years headline NYC Pride by Mariah Cooper | posted on February 21, 2017