Queer band Avan Lava performs at Living Social (918 F St., N.W.) on Aug. 2 at 8:30 p.m. as part of its “Emerging Artists Concert Series.”
The Brooklyn-based band has a disco-cum-new wave sound. Its members are outspokenly queer and the goal of their concerts is to create a safe and welcoming space for LGBT music fans.
Avan Lava’s last performance in D.C. was at the Brightest Young Things Capital Pride Party. They’ve also appeared on MTV and in New York Magazine.
- Gay man charged with threatening U.S. senators released by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on June 28, 2016
- House hearing for ‘religious freedom’ bill set for July 12 by Chris Johnson | posted on June 29, 2016
- New PAC debuts amid energized LGBT gun control efforts by Chris Johnson | posted on June 29, 2016
- Gay singer gets standing ovation on ‘America’s Got Talent’ by Mariah Cooper | posted on June 29, 2016
- Pentagon lifts trans military ban ‘effective immediately’ by Chris Johnson | posted on June 30, 2016