Photo of Alexandria Mayor William D. Euille at a rally for marriage equality at the Alexandria City Courthouse on Valentine’s Day. Couples proceeded from the rally into the courthouse to request a marriage license, but were denied due to state law. The rally in Alexandria was one of several held throughout the state. Washington Blade photo by Damien Salas.
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- EXCLUSIVE: HRC, Chilean advocacy group to launch business index by Nicolás Levy | posted on August 22, 2017
- Recovering after Charlottesville by Richard J. Rosendall | posted on August 22, 2017
- Gay man wins Pratt Library’s poetry contest by Steve Charing | posted on August 22, 2017
- Shoppers fight transphobia in ‘What Would You Do? segment by Mariah Cooper | posted on August 22, 2017
- ‘AHS: Cult’ trailer shows Trump’s win kicking off creepy clown cult by Mariah Cooper | posted on August 22, 2017