Photo of Alexandria Mayor William D. Euille at a rally for marriage equality at the Alexandria City Courthouse on Valentine’s Day. Couples proceeded from the rally into the courthouse to request a marriage license, but were denied due to state law. The rally in Alexandria was one of several held throughout the state. Washington Blade photo by Damien Salas.
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Alabama guv to sign anti-LGBT adoption ‘religious freedom’ bill by Chris Johnson | posted on April 19, 2017
- Anti-gay pastor gets reality show on Oprah Winfrey Network by Mariah Cooper | posted on April 19, 2017
- ‘Diverse’ co-chairs named for LGBT march on Washington by Lou Chibbaro Jr. | posted on April 20, 2017
- Perez and the disappearing DNC by Peter Rosenstein | posted on April 19, 2017
- Sen. Baldwin prepares for re-election fight in 2018 by Chris Johnson | posted on April 19, 2017