The 25th annual High Heel Race on Tuesday drew thousands of spectators along Frank Kameny Way on 17th Street to see the elaborate costumes and flurry of activity that has come to be a staple event in D.C. The Washington Blade sponsored a food truck rally as a new addition to the annual event.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- Trans men face heavy HIV burden: study by Staff reports | posted on December 8, 2017
- Bermuda House approves same-sex marriage repeal bill by Michael K. Lavers | posted on December 9, 2017
- Singer Melanie Martinez denies raping former friend, says she ‘never said no’ by Mariah Cooper | posted on December 5, 2017
- Finding balance: 6 dimensions of wellness by Kevin M. Norris | posted on June 10, 2010
- Patti LaBelle opens up about why Luther Vandross never came out by Mariah Cooper | posted on December 8, 2017