The 25th annual High Heel Race on Tuesday drew thousands of spectators along Frank Kameny Way on 17th Street to see the elaborate costumes and flurry of activity that has come to be a staple event in D.C. The Washington Blade sponsored a food truck rally as a new addition to the annual event.
(Washington Blade photos by Michael Key)
Michael Key has worked as a photojournalist for the Washington Blade since 2009 and is currently serving as the photo editor. He has worked on Capitol Hill, in the White House, on the campaign trail and in cities along the East Coast taking iconic photos documenting the extension of marriage benefits to same-sex couples, the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and other events of interest to the LGBT community. Follow Michael
- John Joseph Harmon dies at 58 by Joey DiGuglielmo | posted on June 21, 2018
- Journalist who covered anti-gay Chechnya crackdown visits DC by Michael K. Lavers | posted on June 21, 2018
- Margaret Cho says people don’t ‘get’ bisexuality by Mariah Cooper | posted on June 21, 2018
- Gay men need to be more present by Brock Thompson | posted on June 22, 2018
- Delaware politicos ‘motivated,’ not frustrated, under Trump by Blake Chambers | posted on June 22, 2018