LOS ANGELES—The gay son of former Los Angeles Lakers player and philanthropist Magic Johnson told an online talk show on April 16 he remains “very blessed to have the family” he does.
“When it was time to come out, I was, obviously, scared as most people are,” E.J. Johnson told “Gwissues,” according to the Associated Press. “After I got all the love and support from my family then I knew I could go out and conquer the world, I guess.”
TMZ earlier this month broadcast a video of the younger Johnson walking with his boyfriend on the Sunset Strip.
Magic Johnson told the entertainment website his wife Cookie and he “love E.J. and support him in every way.”
Johnson revealed in 1991 that he was HIV positive, changing the face of the disease in the public eye.
- Criticized for being too gay and not gay enough, Buttigieg has unique burden by Chris Johnson | posted on February 19, 2020
- Trump names Grenell as director of intelligence by Chris Johnson | posted on February 19, 2020
- Marvel actor reveals ‘The Eternals’ will feature married gay superhero by John Paul King | posted on February 19, 2020
- Bloomberg pummeled, lackluster in response in bloody Democratic debate by Chris Johnson | posted on February 20, 2020
- Exclusive: Steyer says Bloomberg calling trans people ‘it’ was ‘unbearable’ by Chris Johnson | posted on February 19, 2020