LOS ANGELES—The gay son of former Los Angeles Lakers player and philanthropist Magic Johnson told an online talk show on April 16 he remains “very blessed to have the family” he does.
“When it was time to come out, I was, obviously, scared as most people are,” E.J. Johnson told “Gwissues,” according to the Associated Press. “After I got all the love and support from my family then I knew I could go out and conquer the world, I guess.”
TMZ earlier this month broadcast a video of the younger Johnson walking with his boyfriend on the Sunset Strip.
Magic Johnson told the entertainment website his wife Cookie and he “love E.J. and support him in every way.”
Johnson revealed in 1991 that he was HIV positive, changing the face of the disease in the public eye.
- Patti LuPone slammed for telling Lindsey Graham to come out by Mariah Cooper | posted on July 22, 2019
- Shawn Mendes refuses to help bisexual fan come out to her parents by Mariah Cooper | posted on July 22, 2019
- Catholic agency seeks right to anti-LGBT discrimination from Supreme Court by Chris Johnson | posted on July 22, 2019
- Gina Ortiz Jones challenges Texas congressman again by Michael K. Lavers | posted on July 22, 2019
- Valkyrie named Marvel’s first LGBTQ superhero by Mariah Cooper | posted on July 22, 2019