LOS ANGELES—The gay son of former Los Angeles Lakers player and philanthropist Magic Johnson told an online talk show on April 16 he remains “very blessed to have the family” he does.
“When it was time to come out, I was, obviously, scared as most people are,” E.J. Johnson told “Gwissues,” according to the Associated Press. “After I got all the love and support from my family then I knew I could go out and conquer the world, I guess.”
TMZ earlier this month broadcast a video of the younger Johnson walking with his boyfriend on the Sunset Strip.
Magic Johnson told the entertainment website his wife Cookie and he “love E.J. and support him in every way.”
Johnson revealed in 1991 that he was HIV positive, changing the face of the disease in the public eye.
- Trump selects Amy Coney Barrett as pick for Supreme Court: source by Chris Johnson | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ginsburg’s death leaves LGBTQ rights on Supreme Court vulnerable to religious claims by Chris Johnson | posted on September 23, 2020
- Grenell defends progress in global initiative to decriminalize homosexuality by Chris Johnson | posted on September 23, 2020
- Rea Carey to step down as National LGBTQ Task Force executive director by Michael K. Lavers | posted on September 23, 2020
- ‘I Have Something to Tell You’ not typical, political puff piece by Kathi Wolfe | posted on September 24, 2020