OutServe is hosting the first ever military partners’ advocacy summit, “Our Families Matter,” this May. But if you’re looking for something to do a little sooner than May, DJs Zack Rosen (we didn’t know he was a DJ too) and Michael Eichler will turn Chief Ike’s into ‘Beat City’ tomorrow (Thanks OutrageDC!). But only the top floor. Now here’s some news:
- Showtime’s new series House of Lies, starring Don Cheadle, features a young gender non-conforming kid, in a US television first (HuffPo).
- The Democratic Albany New York county executive must have lost his mind, because the DailyKos is reporting he just appointed as county attorney a lawyer from the hate group Alliance Defense Fund.
- CBS is reporting black leaders in New Jersey have struck back at Gov. Chris Christie and said ‘no’ to putting marriage on the ballot. New Jersey’s last voter referendum in 1915 was on whether or not to let women vote. It failed.
- The Northwest Arkansas times has refused to print an engagement announcement for a same-sex couple there, saying they only print engagement announcements for legal marriages. After a large community outcry and advertisers pulling their ads from the paper, another paper, the Arkansas Times, has offered to print it.
- The Indiana state senate — which in 2010 took a step toward sending to voters a referendum asking to constitutionally bar any state recognition of same-sex couples — may pass a resolution to study and reassess the civil marriage structure, according to Bilerico, ahead of a 2013 vote that would send the ballot measure to the voters.
Now check out this NOT SAFE FOR WORK adorable video of these silly college gents having fun talking to people on Grindr:
So much truth.