During the past 12 months, we have witnessed a resurgence of the “downsizing” trend among both the baby boomer generation and couples looking for a simpler way of life. Many friends and clients have come to us to discuss trading their larger suburban home for a smaller, more manageable place to rest their heads.
We have found that those who do not have children at home are truly looking for a change of lifestyle, but some aren’t ready to make the snowbird exodus to South Carolina or Florida just yet. The great thing is that in the Washington, D.C. area, there are many great options to find a new home and reinvigorate your lifestyle.
Coupled with this trend is an increase of baby boomers and couples moving into Old Town Alexandria to take the pied-a-terre idea to a more permanent level. Old Town Alexandria is the quintessential spot to make a fresh start to a new stage of life. The urban environment provides convenience without all of the congestion of a large city. With unique shopping, dining and entertainment options you can choose to experience the nightlife or stay cozy in your home while overlooking the Potomac River, Alexandria or a historic cobblestone street.
A new addition to the Old Town Alexandria area is the construction of The Oronoco, an unparalleled waterfront residence providing spectacular views, luxurious amenities and designer style throughout.
At The Oronoco you will find one-level living in two, three or four bedrooms, with options including a library and family room.
The possibilities for creating your home here are endless. The Oronoco is a magnificent property that takes your breath away. If you feel that this is a lifestyle you want to consider, please contact us at The Goodhart Group and we would happy to show you what the next chapter of your life could bring.
- 2017 Best of Gay DC Finalist Voting by WBadmin | posted on September 13, 2017
- Australia advocates increasingly concerned over marriage vote opposition by Helen Parshall | posted on September 22, 2017
- Kathy Griffin files for restraining order against CEO after anti-gay rant by Mariah Cooper | posted on September 22, 2017
- Hurricane Maria devastates Puerto Rico, St. Croix by Michael K. Lavers | posted on September 23, 2017
- White House silent after revelation nominee called trans kids ‘Satan’s plan’ by Chris Johnson | posted on September 21, 2017