February 3, 2012 at 9:00 am EDT | by Phil Reese
Fast Five Fix: Feb 3
- Amazon broke with tradition, yesterday, and joined the growing coalition of corporate partners supporting a Washington state same-sex marriage bill, according to the Seattle Times. The bill seems poised for passage, but the Post Intelligencer thinks a ballot fight is likely guaranteed.
- In the Washington Post, the Capehart breaks down the income inequalities faced by LGBT families courtesy of the Defense of Marriage Act.
- At the 9th Cir., disappointment for opponents of Prop 8 (the gay couples and their lawyers) in the federal Perry v. Brown case, as the judges say ‘no dice’ on releasing the original trial tapes, according to Keen News Service.
- WRAL reports a lesbian former N.C. state Senator is fighting for custody of the son she helped raise with her ex-partner in a state where such battles are generally uphill.
- Its Otter Crossing at the DC Eagle, also known by the DC Eagle regulars as the night when Town invades.
Finally, here it is. The new Madonna Video, right here seconds after it became available on YouTube!
Don’t ever say I never did anything for you. See you after the Super Bowl (Go Giants)!