The NFL and the Ad Council released a pro-love PSA that celebrates all types of love and features two same-sex couples, including a Pulse nightclub survivor.
“Love has no labels” features a diverse group of people at the Pro Bowl in Orlando hugging and kissing when the kiss-cam shows them on screen.
In one clip the cam settles on a man and woman who laugh before the man kisses his male partner sitting on his other side. Another couple shows a woman wearing an “Orlando Survivor” T-shirt who kisses her partner while the audience cheers. Other football fans included in the ad are an interracial couple and an older couple.
“We noticed that [the kiss cam] was often focused on traditional notions of love,” Chris Northam, an executive creative director at R/GA, told The Wall Street Journal. “We thought, what if we could showcase a more modern take? We hope it does cause conversation and, more than anything else, that the fans embrace this message and help spread this movement.”
Watch the ad below.
- Janet Jackson stands up for women’s equality at Billboard Music Awards by Mariah Cooper | posted on May 21, 2018
- Jennifer Aniston to play lesbian U.S. president in Netflix political comedy by Mariah Cooper | posted on May 21, 2018
- ‘Queer Eye’ star Jonathan Van Ness mocks treasury secretary’s wife Louise Linton by Mariah Cooper | posted on May 21, 2018
- Bipartisan amendment introduced against Trump’s trans military ban by Chris Johnson | posted on May 21, 2018
- PHOTOS: Washington Blade returns to Cuba by Michael K. Lavers | posted on May 21, 2018