The NFL and the Ad Council released a pro-love PSA that celebrates all types of love and features two same-sex couples, including a Pulse nightclub survivor.
“Love has no labels” features a diverse group of people at the Pro Bowl in Orlando hugging and kissing when the kiss-cam shows them on screen.
In one clip the cam settles on a man and woman who laugh before the man kisses his male partner sitting on his other side. Another couple shows a woman wearing an “Orlando Survivor” T-shirt who kisses her partner while the audience cheers. Other football fans included in the ad are an interracial couple and an older couple.
“We noticed that [the kiss cam] was often focused on traditional notions of love,” Chris Northam, an executive creative director at R/GA, told The Wall Street Journal. “We thought, what if we could showcase a more modern take? We hope it does cause conversation and, more than anything else, that the fans embrace this message and help spread this movement.”
Watch the ad below.
- Ellen DeGeneres shades straight people in new segment by Mariah Cooper | posted on October 18, 2017
- White House denies Trump joked Pence ‘wants to hang’ gays by Chris Johnson | posted on October 18, 2017
- Joe Biden endorses Danica Roem by Michael K. Lavers | posted on October 18, 2017
- Elton John will end his Las Vegas residency in 2018 by Mariah Cooper | posted on October 18, 2017
- Cheyenne Jackson shares cover of Lady Gaga’s ‘Edge of Glory’ by Mariah Cooper | posted on October 18, 2017