One day next week, I promise there will be NO CHICK-FIL-A UPDATES! I swear! If not Monday, then Tuesday. You will have a Chick-fil-A free Fast Five (click the link for a local CFA story). But today, there’s Philly’s mayor joining Boston and Chicago’s mayors telling Chick-fil-A to go away, there’s a gender discrimination lawsuit against them in Georgia, there’s Change.org petitions to get Chick-fil-A off the campuses of seven Universities from the University of Kansas to IUPUI to my alma mater, the University of Illinois, and there’s this story of Protesters ruining the grand opening of a California Chick-fil-A. Now here’s non-chicken-related news:
- Frontiers L.A. reports Oklahoma City resident Jon Ferguson received second degree burns on his hands and face, when his car was tagged with the word “fag” and firebombed. Investigators refuse to treat it as a hate crime.
- A second man diagnosed with both leukemia and HIV has been reported to be cured of HIV after a bone marrow transplant, according to MSNBC.
- The Advocate’s Brett Edward Stout interviews Mob Wife Renee Graziano about her lez-crush on Ellen.
- Florida’s Lt. Governor apologized for her remarks about black women and lesbians, says GLAAD.
- The New York Times reports that Amazon’s founder is pledging $2.5 million toward the fight to end discrimination against same-sex couples seeking equal treatment in marriage.
VIDEO | HIV vlogger, Mark S. King put together an interesting video from the AIDS 2012 March to end AIDS.
(h/t My Fabulous Disease)